Here We Go

This is my attempt to journal and let others in on what adventures I am currently experiencing. Not sure where this will take me, but I look forward to hearing from others as they read and as they tell me of their adventures. I guess this is one more way of doing life together. Well let the adventure begin.......

Life Changing

Life Changing
Seeing The Word In A Whole New Way

Thursday, January 05, 2017

2017: YOUR BOUNCE BACK YEAR!

A mustard seed of faith. A seed so small but packed with so much potential. A mustard bush can grow to over nine feet and completely take over a garden. But what I find most amazing about the mustard seed, is that if you transplant it, the plant will grow stronger. Big deal right? But the place from which the mustard seed started will begin to grow again. Mustard seeds germinate so quickly that it is almost impossible to keep them from growing in their original spot.

What does this have to do with faith? I believe that Jesus was saying, is that even if your faith gets shaken or uprooted. Even if people and circumstances take what seems important. If you have even a mustard seed of faith, you will bounce back! Your faith, no matter how small, is all you need to bounce back. And every time you faith gets uprooted, you get stronger. You learn to trust Him more. 

I am not sure what 2016 held for many of you, but perhaps your faith was shaken, tested or perhaps you even doubt or felt your lost faith! But I believe 2017 is your bounce back year. This is the year that you remember that a measure of faith has been planted in you, and no matter how small it may appear right now, if you will fertilize the ground just a little (the fertilizer is God's word) then no matter what the seed of faith will begin again.

 Be encourage your faith is not based on what you feel, but by the fact of what is true. Feelings are most often false, but facts (God's Word is always true)

So as you begin 2017 encourage yourself with these three thoughts:

1. Jesus is with you and He has all power. (He is Emmanuel and He has been given all power)
2. God is Over You! God is Under You! He Will Go Before You! (check out Deuteronomy 33:26-27)
3. God has given you are measure of Faith! (Not matter how small your faith may appear: You have faith for this)

This year may you cultivate your faith! May your faith grow nine times stronger than in 2016! May this be your BOUNCE BACK YEAR! 

Make today great!
Pastor Ed

P.S. Be sure to check out our website: revministries.squarespace.com or get our mobile app by searching in the app store for Rev Ministries!



1 comment:

Kristi said...

I still have my mustard seed hanging in my van. (Today is November 26, 2018) In January, it will be 2 years old! I have faith as small as a mustard seed that God is going to do huge things in my girls and in our family! I’m believing that!

Blog Archive